Thursday, April 9, 2009

What is happening to the youth of today???

I am sorry but I am going to go off track a little here. Something happened to me today that I will never understand. I was sitting watching the news when all of a sudden I hear a crash and glass shattering. Upon searching to see where the noise came from I noticed that two front windows in my home were shattered. I was totally in awe as I noticed the two boy's that threw the rocks as they were running and laughing, were not much older then my daughter that had just passed away from cancer. Now, as I sat here in wonderment I just couldn't understand why they did this. After calling the police and finding that there has been many homes and vehicles vandalized over the last few weeks within a two mile area, did my wonderment increase.
Where, are these boy's parents how can they allow their children to go astray, don't they care or is it that they are just so wrapped up in themselves that they don't have the time.
Here I am a mother who had just lost her daughter to DIPG a type of brain tumor and would give anything in the world just to hug her, hear her voice and tell her I love you, and you have these rotten boy's running a muck. This was probably the second time since my daughter became ill that I sat and cried why her. Why not those rotten boy's. Here was a child who always did good and tried to help everyone she met and then you have these boy's go around destroying anything and everything they can. for a moment there, oh, how I wish that my daughter or any other child didn't suffer as they did from DIPG, I really wished that those boy's were the ones that got sick and had to suffer, then maybe and only maybe would they and their parents look at life in a different light. After a moment, I did ask God to forgive me and to please guide those boy's down a better path. My good friend, also came over and she has worked at the local prison for over 18 years and she told me that things just aren't as they were when we were kids, she told me that she has mother's/daughter's together in prison for drugs, the daughter's children were in foster homes and from what she told me little hellions, that will soon also be placed in an institution. Now what has gone wrong in our society to make this happen, why would a mother/grandmother want to get high with her daughter and then blow off the children/grandchildren. Can anyone tell me why or how our society can allow this to happen. I don't know maybe it is just that I came from a very loving home and always gave that love to my children, I also taught them to take responsibility for their actions. To respect others and their belongs no matter what it may be. Maybe, for the same reason we still don't have a cure for childhood cancer, and brain tumors, maybe because everyone turns and looks the other way. No one wants to believe that any of this is out there. I guess that is why some say we live in a very ignorant world. I know what I will be praying for tonight and probably for sometime to come, for all the lost souls in this world when they are found maybe just maybe the ignorance will go away. And we will have a better, safer, and happier world.

No comments: